Introduction: “EU.org, free domain names since 1996”. eu.org is the domain name under the EU organization. EU stands for the European Union. Paul Mockapetris created the DNS server for this domain name from September to October 1996. Registration is now free for individuals and organizations (without mentioning whether it is non-profit).
- Has a long history;
- Support for NS records, which means support for all domain name records;
- Stable and can be used for a long time;
- No restrictions were found.
- Open the application page https://nic.eu.org/arf/ register an account and verify the email address.
- Enter the domain name you want to register (you need to include the suffix eu.org 24, for example, I enter resort.eu.org (prefix with at least 4 digits), and some third-level domain names (such as regional suffix) can be found in ” here https: //nic.eu.org/opendomains.html “view, you can also apply for free) and enter your contact information here, then fill in the” Administrative contact “and” Technical contact “with the contact ID you just applied for Finally, fill in your DNS information in “Technical information” (note that the NS server needs to point in advance to the domain name you applied for (that is, you need to add your domain name first, I have google cloud dns here, other commonly used dnspod. click “Submit”
- Wait for a while. At the end, a prompt similar to the one below is displayed to indicate that you can proceed to the next step. If not, please return to the previous page to check the information (for example, whether the DNS server points to the domain name you want to apply) or refresh the page.
- Complete the above steps and wait for the e-mail prompt to pass. This time may be a little long. Some people passed it for a few days, and some people for a week, and I waited for 2 weeks before receiving the email.
- Modify NS
After obtaining the free domain, you can use it normally. Because google is not free provider, and eu.org needs to be used with HTTPS, I intend to add the domain name directly to cloudflare for convenience. When modifying the NS, pay attention to choosing the first one, otherwise you cannot pass.
- Last few points.
- Since the domestic network http will be reset directly, even if forced https is enabled, it will not automatically jump to https, you need to add it yourself.
- The words of the big guys: Although it is a second-level domain, it has been recognized as a top-level domain name by big companies such as Google, cloudflare.
signup with ur student mail for fast result